29 April 2010

This week's 3x5 Studies!

I chose SUCKER for this week. Gahhh I love this song. This is a particularly wonderful version from the YouTube; good find, English!


I'm totally jealous of English's idea - I freaking love it:
I'm so glad you stuck them in the ground. I love it! 

Mine is a little more conceptual this semain (I know I could have done better but friends, it's finals week!): 

It's a collection of the cd's I've recently bought at Papa Jazz! 

Damn you, indie / hipster culture, for making me love you so much.  The pretentiousness of hipsters is generally absurd, and they're all smug and what not - but GEEZ they have great music.  ALL I've been listening to this week is a mix of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, She & Him, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, Camera Obscura, Fanfarlo, and Coeur de Pirate. I just went to Papa Jazz and bought both of the Vampire Weekend cds from my favorite Ryan Adams look alike. I tweeted about him once. He sits and draws at Cool Beans some nights, and I love watching him work.  I told him once that he looked like Ryan Adams. He has to know who that is - he works at the freaking record store! Anyway, I love going to see him because the same night that I told him he looks like R.A. he later said, "I didn't mean to be rude, I just don't really know how to talk to people." Adorable.  Anyway, I have started grabbing Nylon magazines every now and then - their essential indie playlist is what introduced me to the love of my life, Andrew Bird; I drooled all last weekend over Harry's Coachella tweets, and generally drool all the time over vintage Etsy stores and stuff on ModCloth. I'm such a wannabe. (But don't expect me to start wearing a panama hat any time soon.) (p.s. a girl wore one one time this semester to French class. I got such a kick out of it. ) (or cut off jeans that are shorter than the pocket.s PEEVE.)
NO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails