First, let us all grieve the fact that Carol Hannah did not win last season. That was a big fat bologna sandwich.
After watching the first episode, I think there is definite some great talent this season, and there is also some ugly crap that the judges seem to be eating up.
My absolute favorite this season is Anna Lynett, who went to RISD (which was my dream art school, btw). I almost emailed the gmail account on her website to ask her what she used to learn how to sew - she's apparently self taught - started sewing about SIX MONTHS before her casting interview for PR. Amazing.
It concerns me, of course, that she is so new to this. I think that she is incredible and I want every single piece that is in her "before Project Runway" portfolio, but I feel like the judges like to pluck out the ones that are not as technically competent.
I'm rooting for her to win, however. Or at least put some of her designs on Etsy so I can buy those suckers. (Of course, I am thinking I may need to learn how to make some stuff myself. I mean, she did it!)
I think we may have been separated at birth, actually. (Okay, not possible, because she was born in Germany and raised in Wisconsin.) Clean lines and simple silhouettes, but always feminine. Sign me up. Also, I wish I could do my hair like hers.



No comments:
Post a Comment