Last night I watched at least an hour of Julia Child's The French Chef on PBS's website. I bought a bakers' pin today - the straight across kind (yay for my dear friend who gave me a gift certificate to The Gourmet Shop).
And then I made home-made butter dough (aka pie crust). I'm going to attempt a tarte tatin on Friday so I made the dough ahead of time while I'm all excited.
And now my head is filled with things I "need". (My "food processor" has a capacity of about 2 cups. It is part of this crazy contraption called La Machine. It was made in 1975.)

Le grand sigh. I decided on French blue about a year ago. My imaginary future kitchen is done in primaries and it is rooster themed. My parents already give me rooster accessories for my imaginary kitchen (and/or the 3x3 kitchen I have now). I am nuts. Getting nutsier. I also may have ordered Mastering the Art of French Cooking at 3:40 am last night, after I watched the episode on la tarte tatin (it's a realll basic apple tart). I am never going to get anything done this semester.
kitchen aid mixer = need! i got one for my wedding and i LOVE it. mine however is onyx black like the rest of my appliances. but you will be happy to know that my parents kitchen is rooster themed and my mom is about to redo it so maybe I can scam you some rooster things!
ReplyDeleteokay so my first and only memory of Julia Child is her cooking with Jacques Pepin on PBS. So they're making baked fish or something silly like that, and Jacques is basically showing Julia the deal. And she keeps bugging him..."are you going to use more salt? are you going to use lemon?" etc. etc. And she says, "Jacques, aren't you going to use more garlic?" And he finally is like, "No Julia, this is my recipe." And she says in that funny sing-song voice of hers...
ReplyDelete"mmhmm, your fish!"