Julia child teaches you almost everything you could possibly imagine doing to an egg (except for poaching, but I have a great link for that as well).
I've been trying to learn basic techniques that are the foundations of a good culinary education (I know that sentence sounds prickish. Sorry). I feel like eggs have a lot to do with this - poaching eggs, making a legit omelet (Julia blew my mind with the way she does hers, because it is completely different than how I usually do them. And I generally trust the big J.C.), and then getting egg whites stiff. So anyway, tonight I poached an egg for the first time and oh my heavens, ya'll, that is amazing. I never in my life thought that I would be able to consume that runny yellow stuff, but I have apparently been missing out for a looooong time. So head over to my new find, Smitten Kitchen, where she will give you step by step instructions (with pictures!) on how to poach an egg. And then you will want to poach a lot of eggs and eat them all the time. At least, I do.
Also, Smitten Kitchen has like, hundreds of ideas for non-leafy green salads, and I'm dyyyinggg to make some. So go explore!
No comments:
Post a Comment