| From Argentina |
26 January 2010
Don't cry for me Argentina, the truth is I never left you...
I had a real hard time in the Tina. Don't let my missing it really badly trick you: I cried a LOT. It was sooo different from any "normal" study abroad. My friends went to Europe and had picnics in the shadows of the Eiffel Tower; I drove 3 hours each way to go to a muddy festival of gauchos where the "bathrooms" were holes dug into the ground. But you can't go somewhere and live there for six months without it getting underneath your skin. It becomes a part of you, and you are forever changed. I was forever changed. I'm apparently going through withdrawal right now (exactly two years ago I was landing in Córdoba - crazy - TWO YEARS??? Are you kidding me??) - my "sister-in-law" from Argentina wrote me a message on the Facebook a few days ago and it has just sent me into a spin. It messes me up sometimes to think about the people in my life who, at one point or another, were part of my daily routine and life, but now I barely talk to. It's sad to me. So now I am dreaming of the Tina instead of doing my reading for tomorrow. I'll leave you with a few of my favorites (haha, English, your request for pictures definitely helped fuel this fire).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what you just said about the Tina & your relationship with her is exactly what I've been feeling about Ireland... last week was the one-year anniversary of my MA grad and I experienced my very 1st homesickness for Eire last Thursday. *sigh* It really does change you... :)
ReplyDelete