
For the record, let us all note that the band-aid is significantly lighter than my skin. Hallelujah praise the Lord. I hate it when they give you those uber-tan bandaids and you feel real bad bout yo self.
Anyway. USC so graciously offered up their nurses and brought the health center to the outdoors yesterday and today. They gave out H1N1 vaccines that were so generously paid for by tax payer dollars. I said the word "swine" yesterday and they corrected me with a quickness. A pig had the disease. I will call it what I want, thank you very much.
Anyway, yesterday I wasn't allowed to get it because they only give the preggers the shots and people who were really healthy the nasal spray. Those of us with chronic allergies were not allowed the nasal spray (thank the Lord, I was creeped out by the half-live virus idea). So because I am one of 5 people who follow the health center's Twitter, I caught wind that they were giving out shots to those of us who aren't pregnant. I got my shot and then for the next two hours had myself psyched up that I was going to faint or develop some kind of speech disorder. I am a bit dramatic. Whatever.
6 hours later, I am seemingly normal. I haven't talked to anyone out loud though since about 4:30 so I'll have to try that out and make sure that my brain is still working.
No, speech aphasia is not a possible side effect from the vaccine. I just made it up. And then used it to terrify myself.
you would get the swine flu vaccine.
ReplyDelete