01 September 2009

They say it's your birthday, danananana

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO!
I have been trying to downplay how much I love my birthday. The fewer the expectations, the happier you end up.

And it was the most anticlimactic birthday ever.

Except:

Super awesome people told me happy birthday via the facebook, phone calls, emails, texts... That is always fun to know that people (particularly those who don't use the facebook, ahaha) actually like you. Never a bad thing.

I clicked on a link to a page earlier and it started playing Ray LaMontagne's You Are the Best Thing. It is such a happy song. I love it .


They accidentally gave me two bags of chips at Groucho's. This is awesome because chips are the tools I use to consume the whole cup of 45 sauce. They serve it in heaven, I am certain.

The Nanster sent me a present - and it was / is AWESOME. What is it you ask?
IT IS A HANDMADE ROOSTER MUG. It may even be a creamer. Some of you (named Matthew) may know of my obsession with a certain creamer from a certain Pottery Barn that was a cow whose mouth poured milk. Anyway, this rooster's mouth is open. I may drink coffee out of him, I may pour milk out of him. EITHER WAY, he is amazing. And I'm 95% sure that the Nanster picked me out a rooster mug not because I go to USC but because she knows that I want to do my kitchen in primary colors eventually and use roosters. We had a convo about it. There is nothing that makes me happier than a small gesture that involves someone remembering some small detail about you. That is legit.

Also, the girl I sat next to in Spanish (Transatlantic Perspectives, meh) wrote notes with me back and forth during class. She drew a face with a tongue sticking out. Obviously I super like her now. My Spanish teacher is half Egyptian / half Canadian and I don't understand either of the languages with which I use to communicate. It's awesome.

Tonight will feature a viewing of When Harry Met Sally. I usually watch 16 Candles but it is lost aka I'm pretty sure it got stolen by a sibling of mine while I was in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails