I don't buy accessories.
As much as I appreciate fashion and all its glory, I am so insanely practical that I just won't buy things that I don't "NEED". (except for when I am impulsive. Then I buy things like my sea creature charm bracelet.)
I wear all of my mom and my grandmothers' jewelry (which works out pretty well for me since vintage is... "in") and I don't wear belts.
But I needed this belt. After the idea got into my head, every outfit I wore looked incomplete without this gold belt.
I thought about it for a month. I searched every store in Columbia to find one like it that would avoid $8.50 in shipping. No go. SO FINALLY came home to Charleston today (I've been in Cola since pretty much July 27) and went to the Crew today (J.Crew, obviously, if you are my friend, you already know that).
AHHHHH In all its shiny gold goodness: I snatched my belt. I then proceeded to bring it home and try it on with every outfit I could make with the clothes stashed in my suitcase. I am in heaven. (This pic makes it look like it's an inch thick, but this is its actual size. Skinny mini). I do not believe in overpowering with too much bling. I am not 50 cent.

I alsoooo grabbed a lavender scarf (obsessed with this color for fall), a pair of ankle cords in "warm sandalwood" (muted peach maybe?), and a big black go-to cardigan. I don't know why you need to know that. I just talk a lot. (Which, E, means that I picked up some of the muted tones that I have been lusting over. Yippee!!)
BUT---- I still have to conquer shoes. I hate buying shoes. I would go barefoot if I could. I am the only girl in the world who hates buying shoes. (It's not that I don't like shoes as much as I don't like having to buy a lot of them to go with different outfits). So. I am soliciting anyone who has a clue to give me recommendations. Because I will NOT buy more than one pair of shoes, and I am totally not bringing back the birkenstocks from high school this fall (ya'll, anyone who was cool (or not cool, aka me) had a pair of close toed birkenstocks my jr + sr years of high school. WHYYYYYYYYY OH WHYYYY). This pair of shoes that will be purchased for the fall needs to be versatile and able to make it through the jungle that is the USC-Columbia campus [think: hills, uneven bricks, and 4 flights of stairs 6 times a day]. IDEAS PLEASEEEEE.
Bwahahahah your last comment on my blog was HILARIOUS! I love your blog :) I can't believe your in columbia! We should get together! I too did the whole "switching teams" deal for grad school
ReplyDeleteMoving on - I feel all of your pain here. To make up for my lack of style, I just buy straight off the mannequin. I need someone to put it together for me. I am challenged.