It turns out I'm a little more attached to the place than I realized. Dad and I went to an awesomeeee birthday dinner (17 days late) at the Red Drum which is basically everyone who has ever eaten there's favorite restaurant. The wine guy always helps me convince everyone else to get an Argentine wine. YESSS.
I came back to Cola with some lovely treats from Metto + Whole Foods (and obviously JCrew):

(My favorite coffee from Metto - Brazil Condado which usually has notes of cherries and milk chocolate.)

(Mmmmm the turkey cranberry sandwich from Metto - with Heather's housemade cranberry chutney.)

(Dad introduced me to a wine this weekend called a Carménère - the grapes brought to Chile from France - all the French grapes were killed in a blight so they only live in Chile now. I grabbed a bottle when I was at the Whole Foods.)

(Grabbed some heirloom tomatoes + organic paesano bread from Whole Foods as well - going to make a caprese salad later this week yaayyy) (p.s. the front tomato is a Bob Marley fan. He's all red, yellow, and green. FYI I hate reggae. But I like heirloom tomatoes.)

(Dad also decided to go through the spice cabinet and give me all of the duplicate spices + oils + vinegars. I am soooo excited because I won't buy spices due to their cost.)
JUST ONE MORE THING:
You sure were spoiled this weekend. I want to go to Metto. You'll have to give me directions when Kris and I go to the Cha next time. Also, nice pick with Elton. I want his rhinestone glasses.
ReplyDelete