Our 3x5 Studies theme of the week: Neon.
This is easily my favorite JM song... ever. I loooove the guitar intro and the baseline (which you can't hear very well on this video) and the way it starts out and completely changes tempo or whatever. And then the lyrics...
When sky blue gets dark enough
To see the colors of the city lights
A trail of ruby red and diamond white
Hits her like a sunrise
I have this image in my head of the reflection of red and white lights on the pavement... and that's what I was trying to snag but didn't quite get exactly what I have in my head. But I had an enjoyable venture out to the Vista at 11:45 at night and grabbed several shots that I like. I was asked where to go around here by a group of firefighters on their night out. I told them they were asking the very wrongest person and that I couldn't tell them anything. If we had been in 5 Points, I clearly would have said Goatfeathers (I might could live there. It's the kind of place you imagine that a salon meets... you know, a group of artists and writers and thinkers... anyway).
This is the best shot I got with the ruby red and diamond white lights...
Space reserved for English's:
What a funky neon sign!
Other contenders of mine:




No comments:
Post a Comment