20 May 2010

The Secret Stash.

When I was sixteen and utterly convinced I was going to marry my long distant boyfriend, whom I had met at summer camp, I would pour through wedding magazines and make collages.  I had a Knot.com account with our future wedding date (which has come and gone).  It's funny because that was certainly my first real broken heart, and I love knowing that it doesn't even move me now.  Time must really heal all wounds (but the day after we broke up, I looked so awful that my French teacher thought I was deathly ill and I believe had mercy on me during my exam. Yeah, that's right, he broke up with me during exams. I didn't breathe for several days).

So we should all be so proud of me for having moved past these crazy ways of determining my future ages and ages beforehand.  No more wedding magazines, no more collages.

But secretly, I have a stash of images on my computer.  Just, you know... when I like something.  I don't spend hours pouring over these things, I just drag and drop occasionally.  [I guess it's not so secret anymore.]

When I saw these invitations today, I thought, "Oh, hello. You will be mine."  I'm in love.  Breathless Paper Co. seems quite an appropriate name.

Ejemplos, ¡por favor!

poppies + bumblebees
peaches
peonies 

 a lovely blend of traditional & modern styles! 

And a favorite from my already-accumulated stash? 
More than the actual cupcakes, I love the color scheme going on here. Muted pastels... how very Marie Antoinette! (Now that I realize it, it's kind of a romanticized take on Clemson colors... classy!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails