27 October 2009

You're probably one of those cheerful people who dots their I's with little hearts.

I just really like movies. And TV.
I just do.

One time, on this little show called The Office, Bob and Phyllis had a Police cover band at their wedding. Mostly I thought it was brilliant. I don't know that it is entirely realistic. But I really do like the Police. I've been listening to them a lot this week.


So, anyway, it occurred to me that it will be absolutely nonnegotiable that my wedding cake (yes, it is currently still a fictional cake) will be coconut and have chocolate sauce on the side. Clearly this is straight out of When Harry Met Sally, which I can pretty much recite word for word.
If you are wondering, "Lydia, how influential would you say that When Harry Met Sally is in your life?"
Well, I could tell you things [like] such as:
I recently purchased purple eyeshadow. Not because of the movie, but because I'm crazy about purple. I'm not entirely sure about how great it looks on me. Does that matter? NO, and I'll tell you why: Sally freaking rocks purple eyeshadow on the drive from Chicago to New York. Therefore, I can wear purple eyeshadow. Any time I want. Because I like the color, and Sally wears it. (No, I do not care that this is supposed to take place in 1975.)


Oh, hey Sally.


And I said... what'd I say?
These are real. Actors telling the stories, but real stories. I like to randomly say "Artur" and "willage" due to the below footage.

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny. Driving home from work two days ago one of the cut scenes of the older couples popped in my head. It was the couple that I hadn't seen each other in like 60 years, but bumped into each other on the street.

    "She looked as beautiful as she did was she was 16."

    "He looked exactly the same!"

    Hard to believe that movie is 20 years old.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails