11 July 2010

So this one time I went to the beach.

Today I went out to Isle of Palms with the Cox crew - that would be my cousin Katherine, her husband Greg, and five out of 7 of her children (the two step kids were with their mom), ages 13, 6, 4, 3, and 4 months.  It was fantastic. We did have one interesting little occurrence, however.

Noah (3), Hope (6), Mary Catherine (13) and I were lounging in the gully; Noah was putting mud on my back, when a woman - approximately 48 years of age, we'll say - walked up and said, "Oh! How wonderful! You should do a mud bath! They're just so great for you" to which I nod and smile politely, not really interested in being completely covered in sand nor really understanding why this woman felt it so important she communicate the wonders of sand baths with me.  She was not satisfied by my nodding and smiling, however, and continued urging me, "No really!" and walked over.  She scooped up a handful of mud and rubbed it from the back of my knee to my upper thigh.  I kid you not.  I quickly turned around and looked at her like she was crazy (because how could she not be?), and she said to me, "Oh, do you not like that?" I clearly said, "I am not too keen on strangers touching me," to which she replied, "Well I'm sorry you feel that way."  What???? She finally walked away but ya'll, I have never in my life had anything like that happen to me. Being rubbed on by a middle aged woman at the beach with your baby cousins??? Yeah.....

1 comment:

  1. this is perfectly disturbing. who in their right mind thinks that kind of behavior is socially acceptable?! i guess the one saving grace is that it was a female, and not a male, thinking it was okay.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails