29 April 2012

1. I had initially intended to switch to a new blog in the next few months. I set it up on Wordpress because I felt like it was time to freshen everything up. But now I'm thinking I may abandon everything altogether?! I love reading everyone else's stuff, but sometimes I feel like all that's going on in my life is dog drama and wedding stuff, and as you'll see, I am a terrible bride. 2. I looked at my Knot checklist the other day, and I had 25 items overdue. Whoops? Most of them aren't big deals, but I definitely need to get my dress hemmed. Unfortunately, it's in Charleston and I'm in Columbia. IDIOT. That's all that should need to be done to it, although now I'm petrified that it's going to be too big. Also, my MOH started asking me, "What's your first dance song going to be? What about your father-daughter dance?" and I was like, "I haven't even begun to think about that crap." I should have eloped, maybe? Details make me nauseous. 3. I started dropping the weight I THOUGHT I was trying to lose, but really was doing nothing to do so, when I started eating 80% vegetarian, no refined sugar (okay, I cheat sometimes because I don't believe in depriving yourself completely), and put an emphasis on whole, unprocessed foods. I'm not counting calories (although sometimes I plug everything into Livestrong to make sure I am getting enough), and food tastes AMAZING when you cut back on added sugar in your diet. My best friend from College, Matt, and I got to grab coffee Saturday and were vociferously discussing the evils of the food industry, pretty much preaching to whole foods gospel to everyone in Five Points. One person turned around and asked us a question. We get excited. 4. Matty is also my "representative of God" at the wedding. There is no minister that we wanted to marry us, so we broke everything down into people who are close to us. Matty and my Aunt Joanne are doing prayers and things, and Bill (who is how we met) is doing the marrying things. I think my Dad thought I was trying to have a witch doctor wedding at first, but I think I finally clarified that I wanted the people who had been a part of my spiritual journey to represent God. I have always been very confident that Jesus gave everyone equal power to do His work through the Holy Spirit, so I have no reservations about not having an ordained minister in the ceremony. I am pretty excited about it, though I'm sure old people will think I'm crazy. I careth not. Also, Matty was a missionary for a year, so that's as good as anything for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails