A lot of big things have happened in the past months since I started the blog - 2 big things, really.
1) Barack Obama elected. Yikes. Not what I personally had hoped for. I'm a little wary (this is a drastic understatement) of big government and big spending government. I have a whole heck of a lot of opinions on this election (my "ESTAMOS UNIDOS CON McCAIN" bumper sticker said it all, at least a lot anyway) but I'll save those for a later date
2) I graduated from Clemson, a semester early. I am currently having withdrawals. I feel like I did an okay job of trying to enjoy my last semester, but I have this habit of hitting "eyes on the prize" mode and kind of forgetting to look around and smell the roses occasionally. You never can really fully appreciate an experience until you look back on it. It's almost impossible. Until you are outside of the moment, you rarely can really seep it all in. That's what you do when you're an artist and you're painting a picture - you have to step back, maybe go across the room, to see what has been in front of you. So now, of course, that I am out of college, I miss it. It's literally been days. While I was in college, of course (days ago), I was so ready to get out!
So my solution of course is.... Grad school!!! I bet my dad is sitting proudly on his "I told you so", since he has been pestering me about grad school for a while now. But I guess we can all thank Dr. T for this new revelation. (Dr. T being my arch rival at the beginning of the semester in French Lit, has become a mouthpiece from God in my life - he introduced me to Comparative Literature! I love how God speaks to us using people we would never expect...)
No comments:
Post a Comment